Saturday, January 24, 2009

Picasa, Picasa, Picasa!!!

I LOVE PICASA
It is like the greatest thing ever for my Mac.  I was so upset because I could not find a good collage software for my blog.  (I was using photoscape but that doesn't work on my Mac)  One day during some "geek talk" I brought up my problem to John Bentley (he used to be my boss and he's FHU's Chief Information Officer a.k.a. computer/technology guru).  He was the one that told me about picasa being available for the Mac now.  Well like usual, he had me sold on the software once I found out all about the bells and whistles...  and the best part - it's FREE!!  If you would like to try it for yourself, here is my link:  http://picasa.google.com/mac_tools.html.

There is also a version for PC users out there somewhere.  I believe it works almost the same.  That is what was at first created before the Mac program came out.  Oh by the way, Mac users, this works GREAT with iPhoto!!  Try it out... it is super easy and fun to use.  I made a collage of some of my favorite pictures from last year as an example.  I have a lot of pictures that I just had to include.  If you click on the collage it will easily fill up your computer screen and you can clearly see all the pictures close up!! :o)

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Arika said...

Cool. Ok, question though. I've been using Picasa also but I can only upload around 5 photos and put them in a collage at a time. How did you get it to do so many using the free version? I saw where you could upgrade and be able to use more pictures but you had to pay a subscription. What am I missing?

Arika said...

Oops, never mind. I wasn't using picasa, i was using picnik. I'm obviously not awake this morning! :)

Mindy said...

I use picasa, too! And I LOVE it!