Saturday, January 24, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

My friend Kim tagged me to write 25 Random things about myself.  I hope I can make it all the way without getting too boring.  Here I go:

1.  I am Korean, born in Seoul, and I'm adopted.

2.  I love music and I play the flute (although I have not played in a few years...  I'm sure I could pick it up again with some practice)

3.  I was one of 3 drum majors at my high school for around 300 band students!!  Talk about being nervous during contests and football games! 

4.  I am a licensed music teacher, but still don't really know what I want to be now that I'm grown.  A Christian of course first, a good wife and eventually mother, a loyal friend, but as to a career - I don't know.  I like office work better than the classroom.  Teaching in the Jackson-Madison School systems was very stressful for me and I didn't like it much.

5.  I feel very lucky to have Christian friends that live close by.   I know I can count on them for anything.  Jared and I are very blessed to have such a good support group of Christians in our lives.

6.  I'm weirdly attached to this stuffed pig that Jared got me after we were married.  His name is Grumbles.  Yes, I'm 25 yrs. old... HA!

7.  My favorite channel is the food channel.  I love watching those shows that show you how the food is made.  I like Rachel Ray and her various programs...  It's a channel you can watch or do other stuff while it is playing.  It is not too distracting if you are trying to concentrate on something else.

8.  I love comedies.  If I'm going to rent a movie - I want a comedy.  I HATE SCARY MOVIES!!!  I also don't do well with war movies like 300 and Gladiator... BLUGH!
I also like old movies, clean chick flicks, animated movies, and musicals!

10.  I love to read, but it sorta consumes my life once I get caught up in the story.  I think that makes me slow to want to read at times.  Especially series books...  I've had the Twilight Series for sometime now and I'm still only in the second book.  They are so good though!!  
My favorite author is Jane Austen.  

11.  Jared wanted me to add that I have the best husband ever and he has a really cool blog that you should check out...

12.  I look like an octopus.  Really, I do!!!  I was allergic to these sticky things the Dr. put on my chest to check something and now I have broken out circles all over me!!  It is funny, but not so funny at the same time.

13.  I also love Sonic drinks like my other friends.  My favorites are the cherry limeade and the chocolate strawberry dr. pepper.

14.  I'm sure everyone knows by now, but I want a Maltipoo really bad.  The Havanese that Mindy told me about are also really cool.  I might be checking on those more later...  we shall see if I ever change my mind.  I'm sure I have plenty of time to do so.

15.  I'm from Oklahoma and I like unsweet tea!!!  Especially Momma's.... yum!  I used to drink it at about every meal except breakfast!  

16.  I'm lactose intolerant, but take lactaid so I can eat and drink dairy products.

17.  I'm not a big fan of butterflies and will sometimes flinch if one lands on me.... childhood fear.... :o(

18.  The one place I want to visit before I die is South Korea.  Particularly Seoul, but I would like to see some other places there as well.

19.  I really want highlights in my hair, but I'm not willing to shove out the money to pay for them right now.  I also really want my hair to be slightly curly and long.  I'm thinking London from the Suite Life of Zach and Cody...

20.  I like to draw and paint.  I'm not bad at painting with acrylic and I love to draw portraits.  (I haven't done this in some time though)

21.  I like being creative.  I make cards, jewelry, do needle point, crochet, etc.

22.  I cry just about every time we pull out of my mom and dad's driveway to come home.  I really miss them.

23.  I have a brother who is also Korean but we are not biologically related.  He is also a musician and a much, much better one!!  He makes me look like a beginner on just about any topic of music except maybe the flute which is my main instrument.

24.  I bought an electric guitar when I was a senior.  I wanted to learn how to play, but didn't try very hard at it.  I still have it and Jared played it once at a XBX thing.  I really wish I could play guitar...

25.  Last, but first, I'm a Christian.  I want very badly to be just the kind of Christian woman that God wants me to be, but I know I am constantly falling short in so many things.

Thank you Kim for tagging me in this game!!  I am tagging the following people and I hope that you have time to join in on our list:




Good luck and have fun!!



1 comment:

jGott said...

yay for my little octopus flute playing korean!!!! these are very good...love you.