Friday, November 14, 2008

Wicked wreck / Trouble with Keys

First off, Jared is lucky to be alive today.  He almost died.  Second off, I should not have keys of any kind.  Both parts of my blog today will be dealing with those topics.  Also, there will be no pictures because my camera cord was left at work and I don't have my magic keys...

Jared's wicked wreck (pics to come)
This year Jared was asked to drive the XBX soapbox car for "Rev it Up" in FHU's homecoming.  We joked and joked about how nervous he was and the possibility of a wreck.  I told him that if he wrecked I could take him to the hospital and maybe get the rest of the day off... "taking care" of him. 

Well my life seems to be like that Alanis Morissette (misspelled) song "Ironic".  
Ironically, Jared did wreck.  I stared in horror from the top of the hill as his car spun out, his tires flew off, and the car collapsed.  I held my breath and when I saw him smiling and getting up out of the wreckage, I knew he was okay.  

Luckily, he's just a little sore and everyone was very entertained.  I felt bad for XBX because they had such a neat looking car, but this is definately a "Rev it Up" that I will not soon forget.  Thank you Jared for always making my life entertaining.  Look for pictures to come, but not this weekend....

The trouble with Sasha and Keys...
First off, I should NEVER be in charge of keys.  Nevertheless for some reason I am.  I'm in charge of lots of keys and they all are important.  I think I realized I shouldn't have keys when I locked myself out of my car on one of mine and Jared's first dates.  We missed our movie because we had to wait for the locksmith to unlock my car.  Then there was the time that I locked my keys in the car in N. Jackson during an inservice.  And that time when I locked my keys in the car at Madison High School (one of the roughest parts in J-Town and my boss stayed with me until Jared came to rescue me).  Oh and that time - wait no that was Jared- we locked ourselves out of the house and Jared had to call our landlords to let us in.  And very recently, that time when I thought I lost the master key to the I.T. offices.  That was interesting - the Desk Monster in my new office ate it for about three weeks!  Due to my OCD of being organized I cleaned that out and the desk monster went to one of my co-worker's offices.  All that to say, today I have not one but TWO stories of missing keys.

First there was the missing Enterprise car key of one of my co-workers.  After searching our offices up and down (even our trash cans), sending out a faculty/staff e-mail to the ENTIRE campus, much stressing of me and many calls to Enterprise, we were finally notified that the mail person took the key that was in the sealed envelope labeled "Enterprise" off my door and somehow Student Services ended up with it.  How crazy was that??  No worries now that it's found, but good grief!

The second key episode:  I have a nervous tick sometimes.  Evidently in the hub-bub of trying to find the lost car keys I was fiddling with my key ring clasp that held my key fob...  I remember doing this... (oddly enough)  Anyway after coming home and realizing that I left my camera sync cord at the office, imagine my horror when I looked at my key chain and my precious fob was missing!!  And yes, I say precious because I've lorded the power of my special I.T. status several times over Jared.  So no pictures because only the special fobs swipe through the electronic dungeon after hours.... 

Luckily I know the fob is probably in my office or one of my co-workers' offices.  The floor locks down and so it is hopefully safe for now.  If I don't find it Monday, I'll have to cancel my little key fob and hopefully get my hands on a new one soon.  But no pics this weekend (sadness).

Look for pictures soon though.  I need to document Molly's birthday Sushi Party, "Rev It Up" and the rest of homecoming this weekend!  Please, Love, and Crabs! :o)  Have a good one!

2 comments:

Arika said...

Wow! Sounds like an interesting day! But you and I know it was just another day in the office! :)

Stephanie said...

Hey, Sasha! You have such an interesting way of saying things on your blog. I love it. I am doing good on the picture part of my blog, but could take some lessons from you on the wording. I would have been pretty boring and just said, "I lost my keys today - please pray for me!" Keep em comin'!