Monday, November 10, 2008

Shopped till we dropped


This past weekend was the Gott's annual Christmas Village shopping extravaganza in Birmingham.  I don't have a picture of the enormous shopping area because that wasn't allowed, but it is an all day event bound to make your feet hurt every year if you look at everything!!  This year was a lot of fun and in between all the samples we ate we made a few purchases as well!  Jared, Kara, and I were like little kids, going from booth to booth and trying all the samples from the vendors.  The food is always my favorite part!  We were there from 10:00-4:00ish and we didn't even eat lunch because of all the samples we ate!!

After we finished Christmas Village we went to eat at "Wings".  This was very awkward because the Gott's are Auburn fans.  When we walked in the entire restaurant was full of Alabama fans watching the AL/LSU game!!  Kara had her Auburn sweatshirt on and I felt like we stuck out like a sore thumb!  It was definitely an experience watching everyone get so excited at every little thing Alabama did well or LSU did bad.  We just smiled and laughed at all the hub-bub that went on around us.  (We were the only table that didn't stand up and cheer, clap, or give high-fives every few minutes!)  Smile and nod, smile and nod... poor Kara she got a few stares...

After that we went to the Galleria (mall) to walk around.  The gals decided that we'd like to make Build-a-Bears and the guys agreed that we could make the animals but we'd have to wait on the clothes until another time.  So the above picture is me, Mom Gott (Kim), and Kara with our animals (Floppy, Pookie, and Twilight).  That was a very memorable time and fun moment shared!  :)

The final picture is of Me and Jared before we went into Christmas Village.  I wanted a picture of everyone else, but Mom Gott didn't want to take one because Eric wasn't there.
Sadness - Eric was being responsible and painting XBX's window for Homecoming this week.  If you're in town and drive by check it out!  In my opinion it's the best!! :)  I'll try to get pics of homecoming stuff throughout the week.  I'm hoping that my brother gets to come over from Harding and enjoy the festivities with us!  Hope you have a great week!


2 comments:

Sandy said...

How fun. The picture of you and Jared (and the snowman!) :) is REALLY good!!

Mindy said...

Yea! Sounds like so much fun. I am more than ready to start my Christmas Season!

And I agree, the picture of you and Jared with the snowman is great! :)