Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Travels to See Families...

*Sigh* more random people like Jared's blog than mine.  Guess that's because my blog primarily is about what is going on with us.  His is about what's going on in his head.  I guess that would be more interesting... But anyway, this post is what HAS BEEN with us.  Remember to click on the pictures to enlarge.

TIME IN ALABAMA:  
At the end of our Spring Break (roughly two weeks ago).  We went to Alabama to celebrate Eric and Kara's (Jared's siblings) Birthdays.  We were also able to see Kara perform in a Winterguard competition in Georgia!!  She did such a good job!  Winterguard is basically for a competing group of people that can twirl, toss, catch,  and you name it to things like flags, rifles, and sabers!!  It is very impressive!!  Kara is one of the captains for her hometown Winterguard.  She is in an independent group made up of high school and college girls.  Training is rigorous and each weekend they compete somewhere.  I didn't get a good picture of her competing because I was sitting so far away in the stands.  There is a picture of her in the lower right of the below collage.
TIME AT HARDING UNIVERSITY:
We went to Harding University last Thursday because Chandler - my brother - had his junior percussion recital.  Our family had been looking forward to attending this for over a year.  Most music majors only do a Senior recital.  Bragging here:  Chandler is so good that his professors wanted him to have a junior recital too!!  He definitely didn't disappoint!  Bragging again:  He is A-MAZ-ING!!  I'm glad that he is going to Harding because of the Christian aspect of the school.  Seriously though, he could have attended ANYWHERE with his talents.  Not only is he amazing at percussion stuff, but he has a mind for composing that you wouldn't believe!!  I have my B.A. in music, but I always feel stupid when talking to him.  It can be aggravating!!

Okay little brother - if you are reading this, don't get a big head!!  I still wish you would have come to Freed.  Snobby Harding Person!! :o)  J/K!!

From Recently Updated
Harding's facilities are impressive!!  Top left is their recital hall.  Top right is their new MUSIC BUILDING!!  I wish FHU would have had one of these...  I would have transfered to Harding my junior year had I not met Jared... <3>

Soon I will be sharing some bad quality videos with you.  I just have to put my money where my mouth is about my brother.  I have to crop the videos first though... I took a lot of them!!

SOME RARE FAMILY PICS WHILE AT HARDING:

Cousin Kevin, Chan Man, and Nana
From Recently Updated
Chan Man and Nana
From Recently Updated
Hubby, Chan Man, and Me
From Recently Updated
The Men
From Recently Updated
Mom and Dad and Chandler
From Recently Updated
Momma, Sober Sides, and Me
From Recently Updated
Really Good Pics of Mom and Dad...
From Recently Updated

I love my little brother and he puts up with me.  Guess he's not so little anymore.  :o(
From Recently Updated
ALSO WORTH NOTING:
We should be getting a closing date soon for Lil' Yellow.
It feels good to pretty much be only waiting for a closing date from our Mortgage Co.
I love driving by the house and checking on things.  Spring is here and below is a picture of an example of the pretty plants that were planted for us!!

From Recently Updated
Jared and I took some friends by Sunday afternoon and Ashley D. says this is a "Lily of the Valley".  I hope she is right, because those flowers are lovely.  I love how pure and delicate this plant looks!  The owners landscaped a lot with different things around the place.  I can't wait until everything blooms!!!! :o)

Thanks for reading!!  Makin' Music is this weekend.  Eric is in it and Mom Gott and Pop Gott are visiting.  I'm sure I'll have another family post soon!!  

1 comment:

jGott said...

Wow! Lots of pictures!!! Can't wait to move in.