Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekend Events

Whew, This weekend was packed full of events for me and Jared.  I was so glad that my body had the energy to last through it all.  Today I'm feeling the overexertion and I've been pretty tired, but I am happy that my medicine seems to be working and that I've had so many good improvements. 

Friday - I had the energy to actually do a ton of housework!!  The Christmas decorations finally got to me and I put them ALL up!!  I also vacuumed, did laundry, rearranged different parts of the house, and reorganized a closet!!  I felt like super Sasha!! :o)

Saturday - Mom Gott and Munner came for a short visit and took us out to lunch.  We had to wait for Eric to get off work so we passed the time by going to Besso's (I had the espresso gelato - yum), window shopping downtown, and hanging out at Freed.  Once Eric was off work we went to Los Portales for a late lunch.  May I just say, I'm so excited that we have this restaurant in Henderson!!! Below are a few pictures of our fun.  They were taken with Jared's iphone.
Munner and Mom Gott look at the bricks in front of the library to see who all they've met or know.  Jared and I find this funny because the bricks have been there forever and they've been on campus numerous times and hadn't seemed interested before.  Munner finally exclaims that it doesn't matter anyway because they're all dead!!  This was funny to me and I laughed really hard.  I hope it doesn't offend anyone that I put that.  You and I know that they are not ALL dead yet...
Mother and Daughter a.k.a. Munner and Mom Gott
Jared and my brother in law - Eric.  Eric does work study in the Library.  I was so glad he was done for the day because it was 2:30 and I was starving!!!  The black poodle is his dog... hee hee.  He'll hate me for telling people that!  Mom Gott brought it for him to see since he can't have it in the dorms.  I thought this picture was sorta picturesque... I like it a lot.
Me - Happy :o)
Sunday - After morning services we enjoyed lunch at Sharon and Clint Kea's house.  It was really good and Jared and I had fun visiting with them and the kids.  I wish I had taken a picture of the event, but I forgot my camera!!  Later we went to a youth fellowship in Corinth, MS for Jared to recruit.  We had worship at 4:00 and then at 5:00 we had a Superbowl Party.  If you didn't watch the Superbowl, the Steelers won.  I was rooting for the Cardinals, because they had never been to a Superbowl before.  They might have won had this player (I'm not good with their names) from the Steelers not made an interception and ran for 100 yds to make a touchdown!!  It was very impressive though and I'm glad that the Steelers guy was given the touchdown (it was reviewed a lot).  Had he ran all that way for nothing without a touchdown, it would have made me sad for him...  but he got it as the second quarter ended.  With the end of half-time, my enthusiasm for the game dwindled and I don't really remember much after that.  Here are some pics of the students that Jared and I met and hung out with.
 
Jared tries to give me his "look" because I took away his iphone to take all these pics... hee hee.. I love it when he tries to act angry! HA!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Arika said...

What a FUN weekend. And I'm SO glad to hear that you are feeling better and the medicine seems to be helping! Honest, I've been meaning to email you to see if you were better but every time I would get a chance something would pop up! Anyway, glad you're better and can't wait to have lunch! :)

Stephanie said...

That made me tired just reading it!! Glad you had fun and that you had enough energy to endure it all!

Chelley N said...

I'm sure you did receive the orginal survey via e-mail... that is funny!

I'm sending you a FB message as I have several things to say and I don't want to post the longest comment known to man on here!