Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Night of Fishy!!

Jared and I went on a date last night!!  I was so excited because I had wanted to get out Saturday, but was too exhausted.  Jared told me he'd make time to go out Tuesday (last night) so we could eat and get some new fish for my aquarium.  I thought we'd probably eat fast food somewhere, but he surprised me by taking me to Sakura's!!!  What a wonderful hubby!!  :o)  He had the futomaki roll and miso soup while I had the crunchy roll and suki yaki don.  It's a noodle dish with beef, cabbage, mushroom, rice, etc on a bed of rice.  I was chowin' down once it came and forgot to take a picture.
 
After that we swung by Old Navy to do a return and then off to pick up my fish!!  We bought 3 new fish for the tank.  Another Cory Cat (I need help with a name!!), a tequila sunrise male guppy, and another rainbow type male guppy.  When we were in Petsmart, I told the guy what kind of rainbow type guppy I wanted.  He tried and tried to catch it, but couldn't.  I felt so bad for him I finally told him that it didn't matter - the one he had in the net would do.  I didn't realize until he plopped it in my fish bag that it was missing part of his tail.  I told Jared to look at it and he briefly looked up while playing with his iPhone and said it was fine and that he'd probably grow it back.  Once we got home I looked at it again and exclaimed - "Jared, he's missing 1/4 of his tail!!"  Jared looked at it and said that he didn't realize it was that bad.  I told him he never really looked at it in the first place.  I was sorta bummed that I got a defective fish, but Jared tried to cheer me up by telling me how "noble" I was for buying a fish that no one else would have bought.  He said that I had my own "Nemo" fish.  I told him that I wasn't noble (if I'm buying something; I want the best.)  He said he knew and I sighed.  So the fishy's name is "Nemo" and I think he'll do.

 
Posted by Picasa

I still need help coming up with a name for my new Cory Cat.  My other one that I have is named "Whiskers".  If you can help me think of a name, leave me a comment and when I pick a name I'll let you know.  The Cory Cat is pictured in the middle of the fish collage.  He is on a bed of blue rocks.  

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Why not just name it Cory!!!! Is that too boring? I'm not good with names!

Arika said...

I think he looks like a Moe to me...

Stephanie said...

Mark and I had to laugh at your post. You are so funny! I'll check with the kids tomorrow to see if they can think of a name. I'll let you know....