Friday, February 13, 2009

A Special Lunch and a Fun Night

I'm still alive!!  I know it's been over a week since my last post and I'm sorry.  I've read everyone else's blog, but I've been too lazy to update mine.  Recently, however, some neat things happened that I couldn't let go "unblogged".  

Special Lunch for Me from friends in I.T.
This past Thursday my I.T. friends got together to throw me an "appreciation lunch" to say "thank you" for filling in while one of my good friends, Arika, was on maternity leave.  I filled her shoes as Administrative Assistant in the I.T. offices at Freed-Hardeman University and loved every minute of the job!  I learned so much about technology and I think I made a lot of friends while I was there.  I think I've become a wannabe "techy geek"!  Love the stuff, but so much to learn!!  Anyway, back to the topic.  Thursday most of my I.T. friends came to Los Portales to eat with me!  They also gave me a card with a very nice gift card to Target!  Sweet :o)

 
I have fond memories of everyone in the office - whether on a good or bad day.  I was happy to work with them all.  

Pictured above:
The guy with the beard at the top loved to play practical jokes and he always gave me things from his garden!  The two ladies talking to each other, next to Arika, in the bottom left were often my lunch buddies.  We usually got our lunch from the local grocery store and ate in the car as we people watched.  I have a lot of stories I could tell about these two!!  I'm gonna miss them!  The man with the zombie face in the bottom right corner is purposely making that face!!  Sadly, I realized I didn't get a picture of Jonathan because he was helping me take pictures!!  I feel like shooting myself in the foot for this one.  Sorry Jonathan if you're reading this!!

 
Comments on pictures above: (left to right)
Top left - They thought there might be rumors of this pic.
Top middle - My lunch buddies!!  And since Arika wasn't there when I was - the only other women in the office.
Top right - Always Mr. Cool.
Bottom left - I worked with Greg, but also go to worship with his family.
Bottom middle - My boss (who set all this up for me); and my good friend Arika (she has her own blog too).
Bottom right - The one who tried to sneak outta all the pics.  His best friend was smart and he did get out of them by helping me snap some of these!  UGH!!


A Fun Friday Night

Today I learned that McDonald's had Hello Kitty watches in their Happy Meals so that's where I wanted to go eat tonight!!  I'm not a huge HK fan or anything, but they looked so cute on the internet when I saw them on my pursebuzz website that I visit.  I have my new watch pictured below on my pig, Grumbles.  (You know the stuffed pig I always lugg around?)

Jared also had tickets to see Twilight tonight!  I've been reading the books and since the FHU theatre was showing it tonight, he wanted to suffer through it for me.  I think he thought it was okay though and he will probably have a blog post about it soon.  I liked the movie.  The special effects could have been a little better, but it wasn't bad.  If you liked the story, you'll probably like the movie!!  I'm thinking maybe girls' nite if they show it Monday!!  It'd only be $2!! :o) Let me know what you think.

 

p.s. I named my fish.  I asked for help on the name in my last post and 3 people responded.  I actually named him "Gil"!  Thank you for all who helped me!!  It was fun reading your comments! 
Happy Valentine's Day in like 20 minutes!! <3>
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like you all had a great time!!! Glad you got treated to lunch - I know you deserved it! Kinlee is very excited about the Hello Kitty stuff, too. We haven't made it there yet, but she is ready. She told me today that she likes the kitty cat watch the best, too!!!

Sandy said...

I'm in for seeing Twilight!! I finished the books so you need to get finished so I can talk to you about them!! Hint Hint!!!

Gil is a good name for a fish...even better than Cory I guess! :-)