Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Stop Calling Me!!

I gave my cell phone number out on a form I filled out online - I know, I know...  I knew almost immediately my mistake, but I wasn't thinking and there you go.  

Today, I've started to get calls from the same 800 number.  I'm getting pretty annoyed at this (I answer and no one says anything) so I decided to look into blocking this particular caller.

I found out that AT&T offers a service that this would be included in, but it's an extra $5 / month.  I didn't want to do that, so I did this:

I added the number as a contact in my phone.  Its name is:  "Spam! Don't Answer!"  I even gave it the personalized ringtone of: "Silent".
I'm actually hoping they will call back again so I can see if it works!!  It should... :o)  

Hopefully, if this ever happens on your cell phone you can do the same thing. 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Yuck! I hate spam!

Love your new house. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

you're so clever!